Thursday 31 July 2014

July Favourites!

Since July has been my first full month of Blogging, I thought I might do a monthly favourites before August kicks off!

Makeup...

Daniel Sandler's Watercolour Blush in Cherub £15.50

This stuff is absolutely wonderful.  It leaves the skin dewy and fresh, and the colour sticks around all day long.  It takes a while to get the hang of applying it - I now put a couple of drops on the back of my hand, work it into my RT Expert Face brush equivalent (it's got the same shape and is so soft!) and then stipple it along my cheekbones.  Perfect for the warm summer months.



Max Factor Eyeshadow in 'Burnt Bark' £4.99

I rediscovered this at the bottom of my makeup drawer a few weeks ago, and out of curiosity swatched it on my arm.  At that point aswell, I was considering purchasing 'Satin Taupe' by MAC as I'd fallen back in love with taupe-brown shades - but once I saw this on my arm I knew I didn't need the MAC shadow any more!





Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in 'Nudist' £8

I originally purchased this at around Christmas time, and wore it obsessively. These chubby lip crayons smell like MAC lipsticks on steroids, and are super shiny - like a liquid gloss!  'Nudist' is an almost browny-nude, which translates to a slight coral sheen on my lips.  Recently I've been using it instead of my usual reds and pinks to balance out a smokier liquid-lined eye.



Clothing...

I've pretty much covered my recent clothing staples in the 'Wears of the week' post I did a few days back.  I did go and purchase two more of the ASOS tee-shirts though...*oops*
Also, my old saggy Levis have come back out to play due to the warmer weather - they're worn out, rolled up cutoffs and I love them to bits.


Shoes...

Keds Trainers £40

Mine are pretty old and battered, as I'd been using them as work shoes.  They're so comfortable though, that I've been wearing them all the time now - the black goes with everything and you can cutesy them up with a pair of coloured trainer socks.



Accessories...


Sterling silver dreamcatcher earrings

I bought these earlier this year from an independent shop - they're about an inch and a half long, very lightweight and quirky.  They also match my new Nails Inc. polish, hence why i've been wearing them constantly the past week or so!  I don't have a link for the store I got them from but if you're in the UK they're available here, and from the States here.



Reading...


'Will We Ever Speak Dolphin?'  £5.59

If you've ever wondered about the history of the '10 second rule', or why us ladies wear makeup, look no further.  People's questions, answered in the 'Last Word' column of New Scientist have all been compiled into a series of books - this one being the latest.  The answers can be from anyone, and often include hilarious anecdotes!






xxx

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first month of blogging! I just got to my 1/2 year mark and to celebrate I am hosting a giveaway. Check it out and enter if it's something you like.
    www.newhautmonde.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete