Saturday 19 July 2014

New love: Liquid liner!

I've gone through many many phases with eyeliner.  First it was kohl - applied only to the lower waterline - panda eyes alert!  Then there was about a year or so of disastrous liquid liner experimentation.  I then gave up on it all for a while (I believe I actually went through the whole of last summer sans eye makeup).

Most recently though, I've just been using brown or black shadows to accentuate the lashline, and that's been going pretty well.  However, I purchased this Stila liner a couple of months ago having seen Estée from Essiebutton do an amazing cat flick tutorial - but until a week or so ago had been too much of a wuss to try it out properly.  Thank goodness I did!  


Stila's 'Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner'


It's a liquid liner, but instead of having to keep reloading your brush constantly it's all in pen form - like a Sharpie for your eyes!  The felt tip nib means you can be very precise with application, and I've found the best way to start it all off is with the flick itself and then to fill it all in back towards the inner corner.

It takes quite a few tries to get the hang of it (I'd thoroughly recommend getting your hands on a huge pack of cotton buds beforehand - you can get a 300 pack from Wilko for 37p) but I think I've finally managed to get the technique down.

Here it is after 6 hours outside in 31 degree heat.
I couldn't keep my makeup on any longer than that as I felt like my face was going to melt off!
(Yes, us Brits are pants at dealing with warm weather.)
Once dry it doesn't flake, or rub off easily.  Also, the pen itself hasn't dried up after being open a while - something that has put me off purchasing felt tip liners in the past.  All in all, a fab buy :)

You can get it from ASOS for £13 (but there's almost always discount coupons)

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment