Tuesday 29 July 2014

Chic nails by Barry M...

The other day, I saw a fellow blogger wearing this polish and fell in love.  Long story short, I ended up popping into Boots to get it on Saturday - and applied it as soon as I returned home...


Barry M Gelly Nail Polish in 'Almond'

'Almond' is a gorgeous grey-nude colour with some lavender undertones.  In some lights it looks pure grey, and then as if by magic it will change to a dusky purple!  I absolutely love it on the fingernails - not sure about toes (might be a little too grey for them) - and as it's supposed to mimic a gel manicure it should last a long time on the nails too.

I used a base coat as advised on the bottle, and applied two coats of the polish.  It was almost opaque in one, but was a little streaky so a second was required to smooth it all out.  I also applied a top-coat out of habit, and also as we're going away for the week I didn't want it to need any touch-ups! (At some point I'll also do a top-coatless test to see the longevity of the polish alone.)


And here's the finished product! 


You can find it here for £3.99.  All the Barry M polishes are buy one get one half price in Boots at the moment, so I may or may not have slipped the shade 'Elderberry' into my basket too...that's next on my list to try out!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment