Tuesday 16 June 2015

Summer eye look! Peachy golden shadow...

When I've got a little extra time in the mornings, I love to play around with different shadows and do a proper eye look.  Since it's been exam season for the last month too I've also been procrastinating a bit, oops, and spending some extra time on my makeup has become routine now!  I've loved wearing this particular look for the last few days, as it's not one that can be easily messed up, and I love the gorgeous peachy tones underneath the shimmer!


The finished look.  Apologies for the slightly dodgy lighting,
 the sun is just refusing to come out at the moment!




Firstly, I applied my Nars Pro Prime Eyesahdow Primer as if I don't use this my makeup melts off in a matter of minutes!  Then I added a thin layer of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Creamy Beige', as this gives a slight orangey-tone underneath the other shadows.  (I'm not sure if this is still available as I had a lot of difficulty getting my mitts on one and this was several months ago.  I believe Mac Paint Pot in 'Groundwork' is very similar though, but it is quite a bit pricier!)  I then blended out the edges so there weren't any harsh dark lines, using my setting brush that had a little concealer left on it.  After that, using a fluffy brush I applied the Kiko Infinity Eyeshadow in the shade '219' all over the lid and also built it up a little in the crease.  I find that this, whilst being a beautiful rose gold shadow, can be a little too pink on my skin but over the top of a more orangey base it gives a lovely peachy effect.  These shadows are seriously longlasting though, and are extremely similar to the Burberry ones but are only a few pounds!  I also applied a little along my lower lashline using a smaller, pointier fluffy brush.  Finally I then applied a small amount of Stila Eyeshadow in 'Kitten' on the centre of the lids and blended it out towards the inner corner - this is so soft and pigmented that you need barely anything to give a gorgeous shimmery glow.

Finished off with a slick of mascara on the upper and lower lashes, it's good to go!


L-R:  Stila Eyeshadow in 'Kitten', Kiko Infinity Eyeshadow '219',
 Maybelline Colour Tattoo 'Creamy Beige' 


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment