Sunday 20 July 2014

Ways to use your No.7 voucher...

It's that time again where when you get to the till at Boots, you're given one of those dratted No.7 vouchers for £5 off skincare and £3 off makeup...

I'd usually just head off home and completely forget about it, until it was long out of date!  However, if you're savvy there's quite a few bargains to be gotten with it.  (Prices are for when you use the coupon.)


£2 Face Wipes

I usually use the Simple wipes, just because they're usually the cheapest ones around that don't leave a funny residue.  However, unless they're on offer they're more expensive per pack than these.  The No.7 ones are soft and feel a little more luxurious.  My main pro is that they have a proper clicky closure, so they dry out much less quickly (and when travelling don't leave your washbag all damp!)






£7.50 Thermal Mask


There's been a lot of buzz going around in the blogging world recently about the Sanctuary 5 minute thermal detox mask.  This mask does pretty much the same job, but is also formulated for oily skin.  I find that if used once a week,  my face looks a lot less oily when I wake up in the mornings and my makeup lasts much longer.  I've actually got it on as I'm typing this!  Sanctuary's offering is on promotion too at the moment, making it about the same price but it's usually about £10.





£3 Nail Polish


If you're looking for a long lasting polish, comparable to Essie, look no further.
There's a huge range of shades available, and at a similar price point to Rimmel or Seventeen these are a no brainer.










£5 Cream Shadow Stick

I picked up several of these last time the coupons were being handed out.  My absolute fave is 'Cool Mink', a soft grey taupe with a little bit of shimmer.  They've really got the formula on point here - scribble it all over your lids, quickly blend out and you're done.  Long lasting, and I've heard that they're supposed to be a dupe for the By Terry 'Ombre Blackstar' shadow sticks!







£1.95 Pencil Sharpener

A sharpener is a sharpener, isn't it...?
This one is pretty sturdy, and with the coupon is cheaper than Boots' Essential range one.  The second hole is just the right size for those impossible to sharpen chubby eye crayons (I'm looking at you Nyx!)









Bargain Brushes

Finally, I couldn't help but mention the makeup brush range.  If you're after a real hair blending brush, the Eye Contour Brush is the way to go.  My absolute essential though is the Smokey Eyeliner Brush.  This is amazing for applying powder concealer to blemishes.  Work a little into the brush, then press the tip gently into the skin.  Couldn't recommend it enough (and would probably run out and repurchase full price if mine went missing haha!)  Both are £4.25 with the coupon.


Skincare is on 3 for 2 here
Makeup is also currently buy one get one half price here

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment