Monday 7 July 2014

Watch lovin'

Today I thought I'd write about something a little different as its been a pretty hectic week for me (lots of long distance driving!)

All through school I always had a watch on, and then along came my first proper phone and I banished my 'uncool' wristwatch to the deepest recesses of my jewellery drawer.
Just under two years ago now (doesn't time fly?) it occurred to me that perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to not be so heavily reliant on my phone for everything, and so I went and bought myself a nice little dainty digital watch.

Retro, shiny and comfortable.  What's not to like? :)

 The one I picked out was the Casio LA670W, and I believe it was around the £30 mark.  The gold plated one is a fair bit more pricey than the silver, but I felt the extra bit of 'prettyness' was worth the extra few pounds.  They also do different coloured faces, there's a purple one and a turquoise, along with a standard black one.

Functionality-wise, it does the job.  The battery has yet to fail after over a year of use, you can set alarms, there's a stopwatch, and it tells you the date too.  The glass face is extremely tough, and has not scratched at all, and it's supposedly water resistant to 30 metres (although I haven't dared anything other than keeping it on whilst washing up!)  I'm also majorly impressed that the clicky clasp has lasted this long too.  I tend to fidget and open and close the clasp constantly, but it hasn't worn out and still feels solid.

I do have a couple of gripes though; the colour has worn off on the strap to the point where it is pretty much silver in some areas now (this makes me kick myself for not getting the silver one), and the buttons are easily pressed by accident (resulting in the alarm going off when you least want it to).  There also isn't a backlight, but this isn't something I'm too bothered about as I take mine off overnight.

You can really see the wear where the strap rubs on my arm.
It's also adjustable (handy!)
All in all, I think it's great value for money and when my strap gets too tatty to continue using I'll be changing it over or repurchasing.

I got mine here (The price tends to fluctuate rather a lot on Amazon though, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for a while to see if it drops down a bit.)

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment