Thursday 17 July 2014

Glitzy nails...

I'd decided to glitz up my nails for a night out last week, and happened to take a couple of pictures just before leaving (you know how it is - you need photographic evidence of that perfect mani you spent aaaaages on before you go out and most likely mess it all up :/ )

Anyway.  I found the photo this morning, and thought I might as well type up a quickie nail post on the polishes I used...

On the left: 'Hors d'oevres'
On the right: 'Big Spender'

I'm in love with Essie polishes at the moment
(definitely going to be checking out their summer collection next time I'm hitting up Boots!)

Having started everything off as per usual with a base coat (the Revlon one from my previous nail post), I applied a couple of coats of my fave - Essie's 'Big Spender'.  Once that had all dried, I added a coat of Essie 'Hors d'oevres' - a gorgeous gold shimmer with hexagonal silver glitter and tiny little flecks of blue.  (I believe I saw this originally in TalkBeckyTalk's summer nail vid, and was obsessed with it!)  Finally, I topped it all off with my regular Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.

Surprisingly, as everything was super quick drying it didn't take long at all to set (I always end up spending the extra time tidying the edges up though!)  However, ideally I'd probably leave it all overnight and apply the top coat the following morning :)

I love how you can still see the base colour, depending on the lighting.
So purdy.

Although it still required a little extra elbow grease to get my nails squeaky clean, having multiple layers of polish under the glitter coat meant I wasn't clawing chunks of glitter off over the day following removal.  Also, two coats of the base colour probably aren't necessary as the glitter polish isn't that sheer - which is great news for next time around!

Essie polishes are usually cheapest at Boots, but as the glitter top coat was limited edition I purchased it from Ebay.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment