Monday 8 September 2014

My morning skincare routine...

Ever since I can remember, my skin has been fairly up and down.  Over the past few months though, I think I've managed to develop a decent skincare routine that isn't too harsh but still balances my skin out.  My skin is fairly oily around the T-zone, but normal on my cheeks with intermittent dry patches (weird right?!)  I'm also fairly blemish prone, but with the products I'm now using I feel that most ones that crop up now are hormonal - as opposed to bacterial.  I used to use quite astringent products to deal with blemishes, that would often cause more damage than help (looking at you TCP!) but have found that a gentler skincare routine has really helped with healing time and prevention.  Today, I'm just going to talk about the products I use in my morning skincare (if I covered them all in one go this would be one monster post!)

My current cleanser is the Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash Mask.  I'll use a pea sized amount for my entire face, and wash it off with a face cloth.  You can also use it as a clay mask, but unless your skin is super oily it leaves your skin completely dried out!  It's been great during these warmer months as it leaves my face squeaky clean, especially is it's been a sticky humid night.

You get 150ml in the tube, it's excellent value for money.
Plus the packaging is light and sturdy, great for travelling.

I'll then tone my face with a spritz of the Caudelie Beauty Elixir - which is one of those products that I've had my eye on but was too eye-wateringly expensive to justify purchasing.  However, I spotted it in the Feel Unique sale for about thirty percent off and couldn't resist.  It does what it says on the tin, leaving my skin super soft and fresh feeling all day.  Also, can I just talk about the scent?!  Minty, fruity - the perfect perk-me-up.

Dreading the day this runs out - goodbye student loan!

Next, I'll moisturise with the No 7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin.  I previously used the Nick Lowe equivalent, but as it was getting near impossible to source I thought I'd give this offering from No 7 a go.  The cream is smooth and nourishing - without feeling greasy - and at £7.50 when using a voucher it's a bargain!  The SPF 15 has also been great for brighter days, as I tend to forget facial sunscreen on a day-to-day basis.

Considering you get 50ml in the tub, it's a bit over-packaged -
but the pot isn't too heavy and is airtight.  The product also smells
 like sunscreen, but really nice sunscreen if you get what I mean!

Over any blemish-prone areas I'll then smooth in a little of the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo.  This feels very light and soothing on the skin, and is supposed to prevent spots and promote healing.  I do feel it has helped with both of these, possibly because it creates a bit of a barrier between skin and makeup so there's less likelihood of pore clogging?  Also, does anyone else think the scent is amazing?!  Then on any particularly dry patches I'll apply a little of their Cicaplast Baume B5, which I've found works a treat on helping makeup glide over.  The antiseptic properties mean its also great on healing drier blemishes - I'll leave a little on overnight and it calms any inflammation right down.


This tube has lasted me a good few months, and there's still a decent
amount left.  I also like that its in a tube - when you use very little of a product you don't want to be dipping your fingers into a tub each time!

Apologies about the state of this one! It lives in my handbag ninety percent
 of the time, just in case a bit of dry or sore skin rears its head while I'm out for
 the day so had gotten a rather battered! It's also lanolin free - unlike Eight Hour
Cream.  It's cheaper and smells great too, so I'd urge you to try it out if you're
 looking for an alternative.


Finally, I dab on a bit of the Boots Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream.  This is non greasy, doesn't irritate the sensitive skin beneath my eyes and leaves a great base for concealer.  Nothing much else to say!

Super duper cheap, has SPF 15 and lasts ages.
(Okay, yes there was more to say haha!)


The links:
Neutrogena's Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash Mask is £3.50 at Tesco.
Caudelie's Beauty Elixir is £10.35 at Feel Unique.
No 7's Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin is £12.50 (£7.50 w. voucher) at Boots.
La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo is £13.15 at Escentual.
La Roche-Posay's Cicaplast Baume B5 (40ml) is £5.50 at Escentual
Boots' Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream is £2.54 here.


Also quick side note - I'd already written this post up once today and then whilst adding the pictures managed to lose it all to auto-save :'( I couldn't remember it word for word, but I hope I've managed to get the original gist of it!  Any ideas for the best way of backing up posts would be much appreciated!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment