Tuesday 8 July 2014

A sky blue mani with a pop of pink...

A quick post today on the manicure I did tonight...


L-R: Models Own 'Feeling Blue', Essie 'Big Spender',
Revlon 'Quick Dry Base Coat'', Sally Hansen 'Insta-Dry'

I'd had Models Own's 'Feeling Blue' nail polish for a while, and had never used it.  Its a lovely pure blue, like the sky on a clear summers day.  I really like Models Own polishes; they're opaque in two coats and have a great colour selection.  The brushes are quite small though, so not the easiest to apply.

Since I didn't really want blue toes, I opted for my favourite Essie polish - 'Big Spender' - for them.  Its a gorgeous plummy pink colour, that's almost opaque in one coat and applies like a dream.  I love the brushes on Essie polishes; they're huge, and allow you to coat your nails in a couple of swipes (they're very similar to the ones on Dior polishes).  (Note: the colour from this one doesn't quite translate on camera - it's a little more purple, and darker in reality.)

In order for my hands and feet to match, I painted my ring finger on each hand with 'Big Spender', and I feel it goes quite nicely (and adds a little bit of girlyness back into the manicure!)

I'm also terrified of stained nails, so always use Revlon's 'Quick Dry Base Coat' underneath - very very quick drying, and makes the polish on top apply much smoother and more opaque.  Finally, I topped everything off with a coat of Sally Hansen 'Insta-Dry' - so so glossy, and it's touch dry in seconds.

And here's the finished product!

(Also, a quick note from the morning after; no sheet marks!!)

Essie, £7.99
Models Own, £5
Revlon, £6.49
Sally Hansen, £5.99

(They're all available from Boots, and are almost always on 3 for 2.)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment