Sunday 27 July 2014

What's in my handbag, you say? Well, plenty...

I'm one of those people that likes to lug their life around in their handbag.
As in: Must. Be. Prepared. For. All. Situations.

So this evening, I thought I'd do a little post on my favourite bits and bobs that I always haul around with me....



1) Card Holder, Ebay £7

Mine is just a cheapo one from Ebay, but it was such great value for money.  There's plenty of room for cards, reciepts and vouchers, and even my paper drivers licence (all folded up neatly!)  Plus it's lovely soft leather.






2) Coin purse, Cath Kidston £6

I downsized from my gorgeous, yet extremely heavy Fossil wallet to this dinky little coin purse from Cath Kidston and I'm loving it!
The combo of this purse and a the card holder means I can switch up to a small handbag in no time.



3) Keys

An obvious one, no real need to elaborate here.  Although dull as it is, the huge loop i've got them on is awesome as it means you can switch them up in no time (also without ruining your mani!)





4) Hand Cream, Neal's Yard £10

This one from Neal's Yard is divine.  It came free with a copy of Marie Claire - but I'm so obsessed that I'll be running out to repurchase once this is finished.  (They also donate some of the proceeds to the 'Save the bees' campaign, so it gets a thumbs up from me!)


Mine's this pattern, but with
 a chocolate-brown background.



5) Mini umbrella, Cath Kidston £22

Even though it's properly summer over here in England, the weather still trips us up by giving us mid-afternoon downpours.  I've had this Cath Kidston brolly for years now - the last one died during a thunderstorm in Paris when the handle snapped off (yes, the wind was that strong).  Doesn't blow inside out and is seriously lightweight.  Definitely worth the money.





6) Makeup bag, Amazon £12.95


I'm in love with this design.  So cute!  It's big enough to fit brushes, and also has a little inside zip pocket for the things you don't want people on the bus seeing...
Also it's slightly padded, so if you're clumsy like me and drop it on a daily basis your powder compact is protected.


May have noticed (sneaky sneaky!) that
 the black version is on sale for about £13...


7) Diary/notebook, Smythson £45

Over the past year I'd been using a battered Filofax as a planner at college, but our babe of a chemistry teacher surprised us with fancy Smythson ones as leaving gifts last month.  The notebook hoarder in me wanted to keep this on a shelf, pristine and lovely - but I've managed to persuade myself to start using it!  Dangerous territory as I'm bound to replace it once it's filled up, but hey we can all treat ourselves once in a while, right....?




xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment