Friday 15 August 2014

What happened post results...oops!

Yesterday, results rolled around and I spent most of the day grinning like a loon.  It was such a relief to know I'd got the grades for uni - waiting all summer is rather stressful (and it's always at the back of your mind!)

Regardless, the wait was worth it and I'm already firing up the uni shopping lists (hell yeah!)
I'll probably chat about the things I'm getting for uni when it's closer to the time (or do a review once I've used them a while), but I thought I'd share the couple of little 'present to self' items I picked up last night...

It's listed as £10, but here's
the 10% off code I used:
000110204242314
(N.B: Since they're all online purchases, I'll do some proper little reviews of them once they've arrived.  Hopefully all the offers will still be on!)



Kate Moss for Topshop scarf £9 originally £45 

I already tweeted earlier this week that I'd popped one in my basket - but decided to hold off until Thursday to see if it would be a 'congratulations' or 'commiserations' purchase.
It's a gorgeous vintage-y coloured lightweight scarf, that I feel will mute down any outfit you pair it with.  This should be great to take brightly coloured summer clothes through into autumn, and it was such a bargain.  It's made of a polyester chiffon, not silk - but definitely worth the money.  And c'mon, how could you resist an 80% discount?!







Sadly, I saw this go out of stock
 as I was typing up this post - but
 there's still a few available on ebay
 for about the same price.

Laura Mercier Colour Wardrobe for Eyes and Cheeks £30 originally £78 (holy moly!)

This was more than a little bit of a splurge.  It's one of those things that you don't really need, but is such good value that you have to snap it up!  I was taken in though by the eyeshadow shades - as I'm in love with cool toned shadows (and nearly all of these fell in that category!)  The brushes also get great reviews, and I'm hoping this will be a fab option for when I'm travelling back and forth from uni and don't want to carry much.  Overall, you get 8 shadows and 3 blush/bronzer shades, 3 brushes (one double ended) and 3 liners (plus a pencil form brown liner!) - working out at about £1.50 per 'item' :O




Sleek Blush in 'Life's a Peach' £3.89 


I'd been hankering after an orange toned blush for a while, and was on the verge of purchasing Stila's 'Gladiola'.  I wasn't quite sure though that it would suit, so was looking for a more budget-friendly option to try out.  I was also still kicking myself for not picking up a similar shade at the Essence counter (mini haul to come there) when I was in Wilko, so really was searching for something around the £3-4 mark.  Then this morning, I saw a post featuring Sleek's blush in 'Life's a Peach' and though why not give it a go?  I got it from Ebay as it was about 50p cheaper than Boots (and I was also feeling stingy after the aforementioned Space.nk accident) - fingers crossed it arrives soon!



There we go.  That's my little results day haul complete.  Of course, there's more to life than chucking stuff in your shopping basket - this past summer has for sure been a special time to spend with family and friends.  It's really starting to hit home how much I'll miss them, and it's times like these where you're all celebrating together that you realise how much you love them all and are so grateful for everything *cries a bit*.

But anyway, enough of the emosh-ness!  There's going to be a lot of stuff to do over the next few weeks, and it's all going to get very busy very quickly - but I can't wait for it all to start!!
Here's to the next year :D

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment