Tuesday 12 August 2014

The perfect coral nails.


Coral lovin' 

When Bobbi Brown came out with her 'Nectar and Nude' Collection, I was all over it.  Everything was b-e-a-utiful, and I immediately wanted to go have an accident in the John Lewis beauty hall (I mean a purse related accident - not the other sort - haha!)

As it usually goes though, by the time I'd gotten around to visiting the Bobbi Brown counter the items I'd specifically wanted had all sold out.  This happened too with the Dior spring collection, where I desperately wanted the coral coloured 'Lip Glow' - but that's another story...

Anyway, the one thing I'd really had my eye on was her nail polish in 'Nectar' - the perfect reddy-pinky-orangey coral.  I ended up keeping an eye out for it on Ebay - eventually I found someone who was selling one!  I'd wondered whether it was worth doing a post on a limited edition product, but if (like me!) you were hunting for it online and were unsure if you should bother - this might be of some use.





The bottle is lovely, Bobbi Brown's packaging is always very chic and sleek.  The colour really does translate beautifully to the nails, although it can be a little streaky to apply.  I'd also prefer a slightly larger brush, like the ones on Essie polishes (especially since it's rather pricey!)  As I'm very messy painting my nails, I knew I'd probably run out of it quickly so I've been hunting around Boots for a close enough, budget-friendly dupe.  Max Factor do a shade in their 'Glossfinity' line called 'Cute Coral', which seems to be pretty much identical.  Thank goodness for that!

The picture online looks much more orange -
but it really does look like 'Nectar' in reality!

Max Factor 'Cute Coral' is £5.99 from Boots (a bargain considering Bobbi Brown polishes are £11!)

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment