Wednesday 27 August 2014

A dupe for the infamous Leigh jeans...?

My jeans collection is one that I'm not massively proud of.  There are many pairs that I've barely worn, whether they be too small (meaning that they won't even go past the thigh area) or too baggy (perfect upon purchase and then subsequently stretched out...)  Earlier this year though, I purchased my first pair of Topshop Leighs for an eye-watering £38.  They were in a gorgeous tile print, are ridiculously comfortable and I love them to bits.  They're just high rise enough to prevent you flashing a bit of midriff at people, and are super skinny and stretchy.  However, if I filled my entire jean drawer with Leighs I would be well on my way to bankruptcy.  It also doesn't help that everyone says they wash/stretch out in a year - as you don't want to be replacing circa £100 of jeans on a yearly basis!



Marks and Spencer 5 Pocket Denim Jeggings
£22.50
Topshop Moto Leigh Jeans
£38










                   vs




Recently though I was making the obligatory stop off at M&S whilst shopping with my mother, and we spotted a stand filled with jeggings.  But these weren't your standard jeggings...they had proper pockets and a zip and button closure!  I went and tried them on - and was sold.  They're supersoft and stretchy, fit just like the Leighs - and they come in multiple lengths!  I'm 5'6 and a size 10 in Topshop, and the size 10 medium length fit perfectly...best of all they're only £22.50!!

As I'd already got a pair of carbon black jeans, I decided to get the ones that are officially labelled as 'slate' grey - but are actually more of a worn in black.  They're lovely as they are not too harsh for the summer (and your legs don't bake in the sun!)  The 'light indigo' ones are next on my list, the challenge now is to find somewhere with my size as they're really picking up in popularity!

5 Pocket Denim Jeggings are available here for £22.50.  If your size isn't available online, it doesn't mean it won't be in store (popular sizes are practically all out of stock but my local store have plenty).

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment