Monday 25 August 2014

Just another mani Monday...


This week seems to be the one for dreadful-pun-post-titles.  It's probably because whilst I'm writing this that it's been well over six hours since I last ate anything.  Well, apart from one of those Moser Roth chocolate bars a couple of hours ago (but that doesn't really count, does it...?)  Anyway, today I painted my nails with one of the Kiko polishes I picked up quite a while ago.  I've previously only used it on my toenails, but as I was feelin' the vampy mood I decided to go matchy matchy and use it on my fingers too...


Kiko Nail Laquer in 286


Its a gorgeous dark wine, that's almost berry-red in the bottle but translates much darker on the nails.  As I said before, it is quite a vampy shade and I can only really get away with it now as we're approaching the end of summer.  It is one of those reds that you've got to be super careful with as it'll go everywhere if you haven't got a steady hand (I think I got through about five cotton buds tidying it all up!) but the finished effect is beautiful.

Kiko's polishes also dry very quickly, so if you need a third coat on one or two nails (like me) you aren't going to end up with a splodgy sheet-marky mess come the next morning.  The brushes are nice and wide, not quite as tapered as I'd like - but I'd much rather be swiping the edges with cotton buds than dealing with streaks.

And here it is on the nails.  This is true to colour - you can
almost see a bit of reddish brown peeking through.  Very 90s chic.

Kiko Nail Laquers are available here, priced at £3.99.  My shade (286 Purple Red) is currently reduced to £2.50 - bargain!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment