Sunday 3 August 2014

One for the paleys: The Body Shop's 'Honey Bronzer'

Bronzer is one of the most difficult things to get right if you've got extremely fair skin.  Everything tends to look just a little too muddy and orange, and until discovering the Body Shop's offering I'd just stuck to a dusting of blush on my cheeks.

Last time I was stocking up online on body butters and shower gels though, I spotted this bronzer in the 'popular' section of the website.  I remembered hearing Estée from Essiebutton raving about it, and since her skintone isn't too dissimilar to mine I thought I'd give it a whirl!

The honeycomb pattern is so cute, and the exterior
 packaging is all pretty and reflective.
If you're ever toddling past a Body Shop, go take a look!
The 'Honey Bronzer' is completely matte, and comes in four shades.  I've got the lighest, and it's perfect for my skin. Just enough to add a little bit of colour, and if you're accidentally a little heavy-handed with it (like me when I'm half asleep in the mornings!) it's very easy to correct as it's so subtle.

Here's a relatively heavy swatch on my arm - blended
 out it gives a lovely lovely glow to the skin.

It also works great as a contour, or just dusted on the points where the sun catches naturally. Overall, a wonderful product that I'll for sure be repurchasing!

It's available online here.  Full price, It's £13, but you can almost always get a 40-50% off coupon from places like Vouchercloud :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment