Wednesday 1 October 2014

'Dive Bar': The Essie obsession continues

This week when I was looking for something to paint my nails with, I began to dig through the more wintry-coloured polishes that had been sitting in a box out of the way for several months.  I'd originally been looking for a dark red, but in the end settled on this colour as I knew it would dry super fast and only need a couple of thin coats (i.e. it was Essie!)  The week before, 'Splash of Grenadine' had been on my nails, so this was really great to change up to for something a little darker and iridescent.  This polish was actually a Christmas gift from a couple of years back, so it's got the old bottle and brush style - but I although it was a little fiddlier to apply than the newer polishes I still didn't make much of a mess and it didn't go streaky.  'Dive Bar' is a very dark green, which looks shimmer-free in some lights, and in others there's some purple/blue iridescence running through it.  It's quite simply stunning, and I'm so glad I rediscovered it!

And here it is - two coats with a dash of a quick-dry topcoat over them.

You can find it here at Superdrug, priced at £7.99.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment