Sunday 31 August 2014

August Favourites!

To be thoroughly honest, August has flown by.  When I realised it was nearing the end of the month I started compiling a list on my phone of thing things I'd been really loving, and although it seems like no time at all has passed, that little list got longer and longer!


Makeup...

This month has been all about the lip products - specifically, lip product rediscovery.  All three of these are items I'd semi gotten into previously, but having given them another try this month have fallen head over heels.

Carmex Lip Balm Tube £1.79, Boots (currently on offer)

Everyone had this in their pencil-case throughout secondary school, and oh boy could you tell by the vanilla-menthol scent that followed us all around.  However, I never really found it that soothing on my lips and in the end migrated to Nivea.  Recently though, I decided to give it another go, as the weather was boiling and the idea of a cooling lip balm was seriously appealing.  Now, I'm addicted.  Somehow, perhaps due to the different weather conditions, I find this a lot more soothing than my usual waxy lip balms and butters and I've been dabbing a little of this on instead of my regular gloss day to day.



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Honey' £7.99, Boots

I purchased this a while back, at the same time as a couple of lip butters.  It's quite a drying product, which put me off at first, but if you mix a little regular balm in it's absolutely lovely.  On some people, it stays true to bullet, but on myself it oxidises to a gorgeous bright berry shade (if you've been eyeing up any colour-changing balms such as the Dior, give this a go!)  Best thing though, is the staying power - it really is a stain.  The colour hangs around pretty much all day, and if you've reapplied a few times, till you exfoliate.



The packaging is a very
bright coral, but the product
itself is almost fluoro-pink.
(Similar in shade to Soap and
Glory SMPGS in Fuschiaristic)

Nyx Butter Gloss in 'Peach Cobbler' £5, Nyx website

Mine was ordered from Amazon, but if you're in the UK you can get it direct from Nyx a lot faster.  This is one of those super messy glosses, that if all you do is use the doe foot applicator you end up with a streaky, sticky mess.  One day though, when my lips were too dry for the aforementioned Revlon balm, I decided to give this another go.  Somehow, when you blend it in with your fingertips, by magic the colour becomes your lips.  And stays.





Clothing...


M&S 5 Pocket Denim Jeggings £22.50

I rambled on about these in a post earlier this week - they're the perfect stretchy skinnies, almost identical to the Topshop Leighs - I've been been wearing them all month!







M&S Footsies £3.50

Earlier this month, I went a little nuts and bought a pair of gorgeous suede loafers.  And then attempted to break them in sockless.  Needless to say, this was rather daft, and I ended up with the King of Blisters on one heel.  After a week of hobbling and tlc, I've reattempted the breaking-in process, this time with much more success.  These footsies although thin, stop any chafing and mean I don't have to go full 'trainer sock' - huzzah!



Food...

Pret a Manger 'Jambon-Buerre' Roll £2.50ish

Thickly sliced ham and crunchy gherkins, all wrapped up in a crispy French roll.  Need I say more?

(Apologies for the lack of picture here, I thought I'd taken one in store but sadly can't find it now :(  )



Movie(s)...

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

I absolutely love each and every film Marvel comes out with, and this was no exception.  Hilarious, action packed - but still thought provoking.  We went to see it at the start of the month, and it's kept popping into my mind ever since.  A fantastic summer blockbuster, which I feel also introduces new viewers to the MCU without utterly confusing them!  A must see.

Till the next one :)

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment