Thursday 7 August 2014

Wears of the week #2

It's been pretty hot this week in the UK.  As in almost 30 degrees hot.  Most countries can cope fine with weather this warm, but the majority of us lot begin to melt as soon as the thermometer goes over 21!  Either way, I've been donning torn up Levis and loose tops as much as possible - but I still thought it was worth posting about the few other things that I've worn a lot recently.  (Warning: these are all basically shoes/socks - sorry!)


 'Traditional' Converse £45

I got my first pair of Converse approximately ten years ago.  They were red, and I absolutely wore them to death!  These are the bog-standard black ones with white detailing - they go with practically everything and are so comfortable.  (Sidenote though: make sure you wear these in well with thick socks or you'll end up sporting super-fetching, little-toe blisters...)



F&F Trainer Socks £4

When the weather is cooler, I'm usually fine without socks.  However, the aforementioned Converse tend to rub my feet at the moment - so I picked up some of these cheapo socks from Tesco which do the job nicely.  These have been on constant rotation in the wash recently, and it's on my list to pick up another pack.





Birkenstock 'Relax' Sandals £20

I'd toyed with getting a pair of Birkenstocks for a while, and had even gone to Office and tried on a pair of 2-strap Arizona ones.  Unfortunately, my feet are such a funny shape that the size 6s were too large and clumpy and the 5s were too tight - and I gave up on the idea of ever getting a pair...

When I was on holiday, I saw these in a discount store and tried them on for a laugh - the style is similar to the Madrid but I believe the lining is smooth as opposed to suede.  They happened to be a size 5, but they fit perfectly!  The colour is also a really pretty dark grey-blue, called onyx.  (As I got them in a random discount store, I couldn't find a link online for them - but if you spot them in a store where you are I'd thoroughly recommend trying them on!)


There we go, a rather footwear heavy post...hopefully next time the weather will have changed and I'll be able to chat about clothes!

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment