Friday 29 August 2014

Makeup chores #3: Storage

Before I left for uni - with a somewhat trimmed down selection of makeup to take, I thought I might share how I store everything at home.  As I don't have a mirror in my room, almost everything lives in the bathroom down the hall.  This means that surface space for storage is pretty limited, so once I realised that everything was piling up in one great big makeup graveyard box I decided it was time to hunt down a decent storage solution and have a good clear-out.  I don't have a lot of makeup at all, as once I really love something I'll tend to stick to it religiously and then change it in and out of rotation (if it's something like a blusher).  However (as you'll see in the pictures below), I have a slight addiction to sheer lip products - so there're a decent number of these!

To start with, I purchased a set of these pop-up boxes from Ikea.  They're great because you can wipe them clean, and they easily fold flat.  These four you can see in the picture are the smallest, and held together with a couple of large paperclips fit perfectly upon the top of my bathroom cabinet.  They also have high sides so you can pile a lot of things up in them, and I could see them being really useful as drawer separators if your vanity drawers are especially deep.  The larger two (which aren't shown), I am using as 'clothing in use' and handbag storage boxes in my room - so they're a very versatile storage solution that I'd definitely recommend investing in.  I keep brushes (in a candle pot) and face products on the left, eye products on the top-right, and moisturisers/primers on the bottom-right.

'SKUBB Box Set of 6' £6, Ikea

Next, I picked up one of these lipstick holders from Ebay.  It's cheap and cheerful, and does the job nicely.  Considering the price I paid, and the fact that delivery was free it feels decent quality and is reasonably sturdy.  An essential if you're a lip product addict like myself, as it means you can see everything you've got (so then won't forget about a product for months!)  It also looks very sleek on your dressing table.

'24 Grid Makeup Organiser' £2.48, Ebay

xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment