Tuesday 2 September 2014

Another Essence haul!



This week, I happened to nip into Wilko to pick up a few bits for uni, and remembered that I'd been meaning to try out some more items from Essence's makeup range.  I'd been particularly impressed with their 'Colour and Go' nail polish, so chose a couple more colours (plus another blush, oops!)...


'111 English Rose' and
'146 That's What I Mint!'

I've already tested out the mint shade, and much as I love how it applies, there is some light shimmer running through it that I didn't spot in store.  However, it's pretty much opaque in two coats and dries super fast.  The colour is also almost a light turquoise on the nails, not as light as expected but still lovely!  Judging by how the colour from bottle-to-nails translates a smidge darker, I'd expect the rosy shade to be almost terracotta on the nails - which should be perfect for autumn.

I also grabbed their 'Blush Up!' cheek colour in the shade 'Heat Wave'.  This was the one item I regretted not picking up last time I was at the stand, and although I really didn't need another blusher, it was so pretty that I couldn't not pop it in my basket this time around!  I've been experimenting with orange blush, having purchased Sleek's 'Life's a Peach' a couple of weeks ago and although this isn't as sheer, I feel that with the gradient you can get the perfect customised peachy-pink shade.  This blush is a lot less sheer than the Sleek one, so you have to be quite careful with it - just a dab is enough.  The compact also feels very sturdy, and although you don't get a mirror with it, I can hardly complain about the gorgeous design being on show!  (The perspex packaging reminds me a little of the Clinique Cheek Pops aswell.)

L-R: Swatched across the gradient of the blush (orange side to pink side),
then all the colours swirled together on the far right.

You can find the entire Essence range here at Wilko, and in store.
The nail polishes cost £1.60, and the blush £3.50.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Have been looking for a nice blush, I can't believe what a reasonable price this one is. The colour is very pretty too x

    www.betweentwo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what drew me to the range - its all so affordable and such great quality!
      Gwen x

      Delete