Friday 19 September 2014

Bits and pieces: Stocking up for uni


The little heap that's forming in the spare room...


Over the last couple of weeks, I've been stocking up on 'beauty bits' ready to leave for uni.  Almost all of these were repurchases, so I thought I'd share them with you (as they must be pretty good to be worth having a backup of!)


Neutrogena 2-in-1 Visibly Clear Wash Mask £2.33, Tesco

This is (and has been all through the summer months) my go-to face wash.  A little too stripping perhaps to use as a mask, but works a treat at getting the skin squeaky clean.  (Full review in my morning skincare post here.)


Soap and Glory 'Peaches and Clean' £8, Boots

I love to use this to take off my face makeup in the evenings, as its gentle and creamy and doesn't make my eyes sting if I accidentally splodge some in them.  The scent is amazing - like minty peaches - and I feel that the fruit extracts help with gently controlling oil and tightening up my pores.  Soap and Glory skincare is also buy one get one half price in Boots at the moment, hence the two products featuring here!


Soap and Glory 'Scrubatomic' £9, Boots

One of my first blog posts was a review of this product, and I still love it just as much!  Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and my skin just seems to glow when I wake up the morning after having used this.
(Original review here.)


Boots Essentials Nail Polish Remover £1

Cheap and cheerful.  Not acetone free, but does the job.  The main reason this was a repurchase was that the scent doesn't give me a thumping headache - but I do need to take care to use plenty of almond oil on my nails to stop them drying out after using this.


Oral-B 3D Luxe White 'Healthy Shine' £1.99, Boots

Seriously impressed by this stuff - it has the same effect over time as using the Crest Whitening Strips (which are a pain in the butt to source in the UK) - and it doesn't leave your teeth super sensitive.  I do tend to interchange this with an enamel protect toothpaste though, as I feel that I don't want to be bleaching them constantly.


Cuticura Hand Sanitiser £1.50, Tesco

I always carry a little bottle of this around in my handbag, and since I am moving into a probably-not-very-clean uni room I thought this would come in extremely useful.  It has a pleasant fresh scent (described as cucumber), and is completely clear and residue free.


No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin £12.50, Boots

I've already chatted about this aswell in the aforementioned morning skincare post.  It's creamy, but not at all heavy on my combination skin and is also great value for money when you use a No 7 voucher.  I'd previously been using the Nick Lowe equivalent, and feel this is much better.


Dr Nick Lowe Anti-Blemish Spot Gel £11, Feel Unique

The tube I have of this is nearly finished and quite old.  I always tend to have one or two blemishes (or healing scars) so have to rotate my treatment routine so the bacteria don't become resistant.  Therefore, when I saw Feel Unique had a sale a few weeks back I popped this in my basket as it did the trick nicely when I used it a while back.  A great cheap alternative to this is the Bonjela that contains Salicylic Acid, as something to cover up sore spots overnight.  During the day though, this is much better as it stays put and doesn't peel off but still prevents reinfection.


Invisibobble Hair Ties £3.75, Boots

These hair bobbles are like magic!  I always use them when I want to put my hair up in a bun as they're near invisible (as the name suggests) and they help you create the perfect bun without pins.  There's an entire post dedicated to them here.


Benefit They're Real Mascara Mini £9.99, Boots

Since my Clinique mascara is on it's last legs, it was high time I found a replacement.  To be honest, unless it's reasonably priced, I'm loathed to buy any full sized mascaras as they always seem to dry out/get clumpy around the two-to-three month mark.  Therefore, when I spotted this mini 'They're Real' I couldn't resist as I've wanted to try it for ages!  I also loved their 'Bad Gal Lash' formula back when I was in secondary school, so I'm really looking forward to testing this out.  I could't find a link anywhere for this online, other than for multipacks with other mini products.  However, they have it in abundance on the shelves of my local Boots, for just under a tenner.


And there we go, that's the lot!  I'm pretty sure I'll remember a few more things come next week, so stay tuned for another post along the same lines :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment