Wednesday 10 September 2014

Bargain brushes...

A few months ago, I was having a little mooch around the brush department on Ebay.  I was looking for someone selling the Real Techniques contour brush, as it's only available in the Core Collection and didn't need the entire set.  However, most sellers were charging above and beyond and I would've given up had I not stumbled across this seller.  They had a huge variety of brushes on offer, and for only a few pounds!

The brushes look very similar to the Real Techniques ones, but aren't complete knock offs (or I wouldn't have been comfortable purchasing them) - but they do have very similar synthetic fibres and the coloured aluminium handles.  I found one that looked as if it would be good for contouring, as it was tapered - No.1 from this listing.  I also ordered No.2 from this listing, as it looked similar to the 'Expert Face Brush' and I thought it might come in handy for blending in foundation.



They both arrived in a couple of weeks, and before getting them near my face I gave them a really good wash.  They smelt rather plasticky, but after a few weeks use that wore off completely.  Both brushes are actually great though!  I've been using No.1 for it's intended purpose - contouring - but I've found that No.2 is amazing for applying cream/liquid blush.  I've been using it with Daniel Sandler's watercolour blush, and it works a treat!  If you want a brush to use exclusively with his blushes, but don't want to buy another £10 brush, it's definitely worth checking out.  They also wash very well, with no shedding, and are super soft.


The contouring brush (No.1) is on the right, hopefully you can see how it tapers.
No.2 is almost a hybrid of the 'Expert Face Brush' and the 'Buffing Brush' by Real Techniques.

Overall, I'm super impressed with these and for about £3.50 for the two how can you go wrong?!  (Also, having just revisited the page I've gone and popped the duo fibre brush in my basket - oops!) 

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment