Sunday 28 September 2014

The Sheer Berry Lip...

All year round, I always seem to gravitate towards sheer berry-red lip shades.  I don't know whether it's the 'I woke up like this' look that they give, or just that on me that they're a great MLBB shade - but either way I have quite a few of them!  The three I've picked out here are the ones I feel are the best dupes for each other, at various price points.  I'm not saying that they are identical in formula, but colour-wise they are pretty indistinguishable on the lips.

L-R: Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain' in 'Honey',
MAC Lustre Lipstick in 'Plumful',
YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in 'Mouthwatering Berry 5'


Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain' in Honey

This one is the most wallet friendly - rolling in at a fairly reasonable £7.99.  The colour in the tube is very different to when you get it on the lips, on mine it oxidises from a pinky nude colour to a bright berry pink.  It's not quite as red toned as MAC's offering, but a very similar colour for less than half the price if you catch it on offer in Boots.  What I love about it is the staining quality - it can be a little drying without a balm.  I tend to work it into the lips with a little Carmex if there's some chapping going on, otherwise you can just swipe it on and it sticks around for most of the day.  Also, some people can't stand the minty scent, and have mentioned that it goes slightly rank after a while - but I can say that after about six months of use mine is still fresh and lovely (although the packaging may look rather battered!)


MAC Lustre Lipstick in 'Plumful'

I love the formula of these lipsticks - they're just so creamy and moisturising but the colour really sticks around.  I wore it last night down to the college bar, and it just perked up my twelve hour old makeup enough for me to look passable (when you're that tired the last thing you want to be doing is tidying up your eyeshadow!)  It is the boldest colour of the bunch here, but still isn't too 'in your face' either.


YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in '5 Mouthwatering Berry'

The whole range of YSL Volupté lipsticks are just to die for.  The ritzy packaging, the gorgeous mango scent and the weightless formulae.  And did I talk about the packaging?!  Just look at that tube - I could not bear to throw that away once it runs out!  This one is from their super sheer range, which I purchased a couple of lipsticks from at the start of the year.  The other I have is the orangey toned 'Dewy Papaya' which doesn't really have much colour, and I wish I had saved my money for a more pigmented lipstick from their range (but it does make a super luxurious lip balm!)  This one has a lot more colour payoff, probably the most of the whole range - and although it isn't super long lasting - it's almost a bullet form gloss - it's great when you don't want a sticky, thick product on your lips.


T-B:  Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain' in 'Honey',
MAC Lustre Lipstick in 'Plumful',
YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in 'Mouthwatering Berry 5' 


Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain' in 'Honey'
 on the lips - you can really see the colour difference!

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment