Thursday 18 September 2014

London haulin' (ft. Muji, F21 and Makeup Revolution)

This week has been a flurry of activity.  Everything from buying kitchenware to selecting modules for my course has been going on, so apologies for the lack of posts!  At the weekend though, we made a little trip to London and some haulin' happened on Oxford Street!

I was out for the afternoon with one of my best friends from college, so we spent ages browsing around the shops and having a good catchup.  We also stopped off for an iced drink at a lovely coffee shop called Apostrophe, just off Oxford Circus.  I had a peach iced tea, and my friend had a homemade lemonade - both were delicious and very reasonably priced (about £2).  Once we'd recovered a bit, we went for a mooch around Topshop.  I didn't pick anything up (mainly because I'd already gotten some bits earlier on in the week back home) but it was still amazing to look around at the sheer volume of stuff they'd got in there!

Whilst in Forever 21 though, I spotted a gorgeous skirt.  I've not owned anything quite like it since I was back in secondary school, but the whole almost 'mermaid-esque' thing going on with it meant I would've regretted not picking it up.  I own very few mid length skirts, so it should be nice for when I want something a little smarter/different for an evening out!

I couldn't find the skirt anywhere online, but it's on display right by the door in the Oxford St store!
They also had it in an almost hematite grey colour, but I'd fallen head over heels for the pink so that's the one that came home with me.

A visit to Muji was also on my list, as I needed some acrylic storage for my uni room.  I had no idea there would be so much choice in store, so was a little overwhelmed once I got inside - but in the end I picked out this 3 drawer unit (£17.95) and this partitioned container (£2.95).  The drawers aren't quite deep enough for loose powders and foundation bottles so those along with brushes should fit in the extra container nicely.  I also couldn't resist their travel section, so picked up this stack of pots that screw together (£2.50) and this tiny little spray bottle (£1.95) which I think will be great for facial mists such as the Caudelie one when on the go.

Last up, was a trip to Superdrug Marble Arch.  Ever since seeing the reviews of Makeup Revolution products start to pop up all over the web, I've wanted to get my mitts on some of their range.  Unfortunately, my local store doesn't stock it and I didn't really want to blind order online.  However, when the lovely Mary-Ann from Angel Flicks mentioned in a post a few weeks back that she'd found some at Marble Arch, I made sure to add a visit there to my list.  They didn't have the 'One Foundation' which I'd been dying to try out (as they supposedly go ghostly white!) but they did have an excellent selection of eyeshadow palettes.  I was very restrained, and only picked up the one - the Iconic 3 that everyone seems to be talking about!  I've been loving it so far - the shadows themselves are soft and don't have too much fallout - and the matte shades have much better colour payoff than MUA's equivalent.  And for £4, you can hardly go wrong!


The palette itself is pretty sturdy feeling, and not too cheap looking either.
And the shades are beyond pretty - even my Dad (when I showed it to him at dinner) said they looked too pretty to use! 


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment