Monday 27 October 2014

Leather jacket lovin'

I've never really seen myself as a leather jacket kinda gal.  My style has always tended to swing backwards and forwards from the preppy, country side of things towards the more monochrome, chic look.  I just didn't think I could pull off the whole rock 'n 'roll vibe a studded black piece gives off - but a couple of weeks ago whilst I was browsing Ebay I spotted this white jacket.  It was an absolute bargain, and I thought it'd be a great way to see whether I'd get the use out of one...

Topshop don't currently stock an identical style, but this one looks to be fairly similar.
  I believe this was around £160 new in the spring, but I managed to get it for £30 on Ebay
(and I had a £10 Nectar coupon so it was technically only £20)!

Turns out, I'm absolutely in love.  If my student loan allowed me, I'd be placing a Topshop order for a black one tonight - it's the most comfortable, lightweight yet windproof piece of outerwear I own!  I did use up almost an entire can of leather protect spray on it (because it drizzles constantly where I live now!)  The leather is seriously soft, and the colour itself is more of a bone/off white shade.  My uni wardrobe mainly consists of dark, monochrome shades with the odd cute blouse thrown in and I've found that it goes with practically anything.  My Mum even tried it on when she came up to visit this weekend, and tried to make off with it!  The one downside is that although it hasn't picked up any real dirt stains, colour transfer from darker coloured jeans and tops has happened - but this is easily fixed with a leather conditioning wipe (I've filched a pack from home which we'd normally use on the sofa/car seats).  All in all, I'm chuffed to bits!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment