Friday 17 October 2014

September favourites!

All through the month, I usually compile a list of the things I've been loving so far in preparation for the end of month favourite post.   But for some reason, as the end of September approached I completely forgot to write up that list  *oops*!  Anyway, here it is now and hopefully I won't be typing up next months halfway through October...


Makeup...


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Ethereal Light' £38, Space.nk

This powder was the result of one of those £10 off Space.nk coupons, and although I winced at the dent it made in my student loan it has been amazing.  'Ethereal Light' is an almost pure-white powder, with microfine shimmer - and it's just perfect at the moment along with a little concealer.  It's also an excellent setting powder, and controls the oil on my skin enough that I rarely need to use blotting powder.






Benefit Gimme Brow in 'Light/Medium' £17.50, LookFantastic (but there's almost always a 15% off coupon available)

My brows are practically blonde, so the concept of a tinted brow gel with a little more oomph intrigued me.  Even though you still have to be careful applying the product (it's not just "brush-and-go") I haven't picked up a shadow to fill in my brows once this month, this is just so much more convenient.






Max Factor Colour Corrector Stick 'Green' £8.99, Boots

For the last couple of years, I have been a faithful user of the Natural Collection Corrector Stick as the green is brilliant at cancelling out any redness from blemishes (or just the naturally overly rosy areas of my face!)  Time after time though the packaging and product crumbled, and when I spotted Max Factor's equivalent I popped it in my Boots basket.   It is several pounds more expensive, but the product is a lot more long wearing (doesn't make the concealer over the top wander around) and then packaging is much sturdier.  A great product, that's an everyday staple in my makeup bag.





Clothing...


Marks and Spencer Jaquard Striped Top £9.99 (reduced from £19.50)


This is the most comfortable, lazy-day-but-smart top ever.  Even though it's got a zip up the back, it's not one that you have to contort yourself to get in and out of (to be honest, the material is stretchy enough that I never use it!) and it is so soft and breathable.  I spotted it whilst jean-hunting with my mother and hunted it down online in the right size - I actually got it a size up because I prefer a slightly baggier look on more cropped tops, and it also washes beautifully.  It's currently on sale, but hopefully they bring out this style again in more colours!




Topshop Viscose Slubby Tee £16

When I started sifting through my wardrobe for winter basics, I realised that there was not one single black shirt to be found.  After a toddle around my local Topshop, I found this shirt and fell in love.  It is very lightweight, but not at all see through and the batwings combined with cropped fitted sleeves are super flattering.  I love pairing it with ripped light wash jeans and ballet pumps, and now that it's getting colder - a huge fluffy Zara scarf!




Food...



I've loved Victoria Plums for years, and my memories of summer are filled with stuffing our faces with the ones from my Grandad's trees.  Unfortunately, they only appear once in a blue moon nowadays so we have to go elsewhere for our fix!  In place of home picked ones, I've found that the best ones come from Asda at a couple of pounds a tray (but make sure you let them ripen at home for a little while or they're a little crunchy!)






xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment