Saturday 2 May 2015

The best for blemishes!


You know those days when you take your makeup off just before bed, and discover that a real corker of a spot has risen from nowhere to take over the middle of your face?  Previously - I'd panic, squeeze and regret.  Regret a lot.  Recently aswell, as my immune system has been a bit haywire (thanks very much, Vitamin deficiency) even if I so much as gently prodded a blemish it would develop into a cyst from hell...
After a couple of months, I think I've managed to train myself to deal with my skin a little more gently and look after the breakout-prone areas a bit better.  A few products have helped with this, and I thought I'd share them with you today as some of them are real gems!

For that breakout-prone area...

Boots Skin Clear Ultra Treatment Cream is the main thing I'll use.  This, I dot pretty much all over my face before applying moisturiser in the morning.  I've taken to using a bit of Tea Tree and Witch Hazel solution aswell at this point, spritzed all over the face and neck.  I feel like both of these calm down any areas that might look a bit suspicious, especially those that may have flared up overnight.  Distilled Witch Hazel is also pretty darn awesome, if you've got a corker of a zit that hurts a lot it'll help a lot with the inflammation - plus it's dirt cheap!  It's the sort of thing that's kept upstairs with the Arnicare in Boots, but worth hunting down.


To stop that spot in it's tracks...

From the same Skin Clear range, the Ultra Rapid Action Spot Gel is amazing to use overnight or in the day when you're not wearing makeup.  It's the same sort of formula as the Nick Lowe Gel I used to love but a fraction of the price, and I think it works so much better.  It does dry out the skin a little, so if you're using it for more than a couple of days then make sure you use a super hydrating moisturiser on the healing skin afterwards.  Despite this, I now swear by this stuff.  Even if a spot has almost come to a head (gross, sorry!) this slowly but surely calms it back down - and if it's a small one then it can make it disappear overnight.  I've heard that Origins' Super Spot Remover is supposed to be like this, but is obviously much pricier, and I'm chuffed to bits with how well Boots' offering works.


And for when your skin feels clogged up...

On my skin, I trust the Origins Clear Improvement Mask implicitly.  If a particular area feels like its brewing up a spot, I'll apply a little of this for 20 minutes or so and I feel that it really does help with calming it down.  I do use this all over occasionally, but much more so in just treating individual areas as it can dry out the skin a little.

All in all, I try to avoid the strong, real antiseptics unless absolutely necessary as the bacteria on your skin can become resistant - which is bad news.  Instead, all the options I've mentioned here are either natural extracts or oils or are Salicylic Acid based, so you can keep the Savlon or Sudocrem for when you've got a proper cut or scrape!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment