Saturday 23 May 2015

Sephora haul!



A few weeks ago, I visited Rome with my family and to my great excitement whilst in the middle of sightseeing I spotted a Sephora store!  I knew that there were a few stores in Italy, but wasn't sure if there was actually one in central Rome (Google maps claimed the only one was at the station, which is a good hours walk from the city centre) so hadn't really expected to be able to pay one a visit.  However, we happened upon one and I immediately ran in and grabbed a few items whilst my family waited patiently (read: confusedly) outside.  I only picked up a few things because my budget was limited to the few euros I had in my purse - darn you roaming debit card charges!  But I'm really chuffed with what I purchased and thought I'd share my thoughts on them here...

I'd read quite a bit about the Cream Lip Stains, which are a range of beautiful matte liquid lipsticks that are priced somewhere between drugstore and Mac as they're from Sephora's own range (this was my only gripe about Sephora Italy - everything is a few pounds more expensive than in the States or France) but I think they're well worth the £10-ish price tag.  They have a pleasant light floral scent, and apply really easily - much much nicer than the Bourjous Rouge Edition Velvets which are the most similar thing around that price range you can get in the UK.  They also don't budge unless you eat something seriously oily, and even then they fade gently - and you don't even feel them on the lips!  I chose the shades '01 Always Red' which is a true, neutral toned red and '03 Strawberry Kissed' which is a gorgeous dark pink shade.

Next on my list was one of the brushes, from their own brand range again.  I picked out the Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush as I haven't got a brush quite like it, and I'd also seen quite a few rave reviews about it!  I'd previously been using my Real Techniques Setting Brush for undereye concealer, but this has blown it out of the water!  I find that if I start off by applying with fingers, and then blend out with the Pro Airbrush it gives such a smooth, even finish that doesn't look cakey at all.  I also like how the head of the brush isn't too big so you can be precise (i.e. not end up blending product all over the place instead of where it's really needed!) but it's large enough that blending only takes a few seconds.

There wasn't quite an "aisle of doom" in the store I was in, but there was a carousel full of travel minis right by the checkout!  I decided to pick up a little bottle of their Triple Action Cleansing Water (which isn't pictured as I've left it at home, sorry!) I have yet to try it, as I decided to use up my little bottle of Bioderma first but I thought it'd be great for travel and it was only a few euros.  I also grabbed one of their 4 Way Nail Buffers as you don't really seem to see them in UK shops anymore - and my nails can be quite rough sometimes after removing polish so I thought it might be interesting to try out!

I did have a look for the 'Formula X' nail polishes, but they didn't seem to stock them which was a bit disappointing.  There was a Marc Jacobs stand though, which was quite exciting!  All in all, I had a lot of fun shopping in Sephora and am really pleased with the products I picked up!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment