Wednesday 29 April 2015

The perfect tinted moisturiser for pale skin...?

Last summer, I had a very close relationship with my Missha BB cream.  It was my go-to base pretty much every day, as my mineral powders weren't quite cutting it on the longevity front through those warmer months (aka sweaty betty days!)  However, this year I fancied giving something new a go for those days where I want to even out my complexion a bit, but not add much coverage.  Having seen a couple of reviews of Lush's Colour Supplements I went and swatched them in store - and to my own chagrin wasn't expecting much.  But one of the shades was a perfect match to my skintone - and I mean perfect!

The shade I use is 'Jackie Oats'.  Below, I've shown it next to Nars' Creamy Concealer in 'Chantilly' which is probably the ghostliest concealer on the market.  Lush's offering though, is actually a tad lighter and has no orange tones whatsoever so completely blends into my skin without being ashy or grey (which was an issue I had experienced with the Missha).  It also has a pleasant oaty scent, which I guess comes from oat milk being a key ingredient.




L-R: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer 'Chantilly', Lush Colour Supplement 'Jackie Oats'

How the product works, is that you mix it in with your usual moisturiser to create a nicely pigmented but still sheer base.  Obviously, the finish isn't going to be particularly matte unless your moisturiser does that anyway, but I've found that it doesn't separate or slip around during the day.  You also only need a tiny dab of product per usage, so although you only get 20g of product it should last a while.  Also, if I'm looking particularly grey I'll add a little of the Body Shop's Radiant Highlighter - which adds a lovely non-greasy sheen!

Lush Colour Supplements are priced at £9.50, the shade 'Jackie Oats' is available in stores and online here.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment