Sunday 26 April 2015

Counting up the corals...

I know for a fact that I've got so many sheer, pinky-coral lip products that they're practically coming out of my ears!  I'd never really lined them all up before though - so I thought I'd share my somewhat messy armful of swatches with you in case anyone else would find the colour comparisons useful...


From L-R: Soap and Glory Gloss Stick 'Fuchsiaristic', YSL Glossy Stain '111', Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil 'Red Square', Dior Lip Glow '4 Coral', Korres Lip Butter 'Mango', Nyx Butter Gloss '6 Peach Cobbler', Revlon Lip Butter 'Juicy Papaya', Barry M Gloss '11'

The most long lasting of the bunch are the YSL and Nyx, which really don't shift unless you eat something oily.  Rather surprisingly these are followed by Barry M's offering.  Despite it being extremely sheer, it really sticks around for a good few hours!  'Red Square' is a bit of an odd one out - not a coral at all - I just scribbled a bit on my arm to see how orangey it really was, and honestly it pulls a lot cooler than you'd think.

I use the Korres Lip Butter almost constantly, as it's so ridiculously hydrating - and then I'll usually top it up with the Dior Lip Glow as that feels pretty much the same but in stick form.  The Dior does change from an almost orange colour to a light fuchsia after a while, but is still quite a bit more pigmented than the original version.  The Revlon is pretty good as a budget dupe, but I do find that it needs quite a bit of building up to get the colour payoff you can see in the swatch and is a little waxier in texture.

Last of the bunch there's Soap and Glory's Sexy Motherpucker Gloss Stick, which is a very sheer hot pink.  Looks gorgeous, but for some reason I haven't used it lots.  'Nudist' gets a heck of a lot more love (and tbh is looking rather battered) - possibly because it's a bit more unique?  I might start popping this in my bag more so it gets a bit more use, perhaps as a slightly brighter alternative to my beloved Revlon 'Honey'!

All in all, having lined them up I feel there's a place for a more pigmented orange and maybe even a hot pink for the spring/summer?!  I've had my eye on a couple of Revlon products for a while, shall keep you updated with what I end up picking up...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment