Monday 8 June 2015

The most luxe eyeshadow ever!


A couple weeks ago I got one of those emails from Debenhams, saying that they were running their 10 percent off beauty promo - so of course I headed over to the website to check a few things out!  I spotted that they now stock Burberry makeup, and as it's currently exam season and I'm feeling a tad stressed I thought I'd treat myself to something from the range as a little pick me up!

I decided on a shade of their Sheer Eyeshadow, as I'd seen some great reviews of it online.  The one I chose was 'Pale Barley', which is a gorgeous golden-taupey sheeny shadow that looks amazing alone all over the lid - paired with a slick of mascara.  Its the most expensive single shadow I've ever bought, but really do think it was worth the splurge as the colour is so unique, the shadow so pigmented and the lasting power (with my usual primer), oh boy.  Yesterday, I wore it for 16 hours straight with no creasing and little fading.  In comparison, a Sleek shadow with the exact same primer (Nars Pro Prime) it only lasts about 8 hours and then it's at risk of creasing - the joys of having oily skin haha!

Here's a swatch of just a tiny amount, to show how pigmented it is!
 I love how in some lights it's taupe, and others an almost khaki tinted gold.

Anyway, I definitely think it was worth the money and next time I feel like treating myself I'll be back for another shade from the range.  They'd also make a lovely gift, as the packaging is pretty special and the shadow itself comes in a lovely little velvet pouch!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment