Monday 16 February 2015

Lip balms galore!




Over the last couple of weeks, whether its due to the weather or just me being a tad stressed out, my lips have been a bit of a wreck to say the least!  Other than super hydrating glosses that somewhat disguise the damage for special occasions - I've stuck to lip balms, layered up with a little lip liner that's a similar colour to my lips (to even the edges up a bit).  Whilst I'm doing my skincare, I usually apply a little of the Origins Drink-Up Intensive mask (£23, John Lewis) to my lips and allow it to sink in.  This has seriously helped with the peeling (tmi, sorry!) I've had when they're healing up and hydrates really well underneath whatever's layered on top.  After this...


Korres Lip Butter in Mango (£8, ASOS)
Really nicely pigmented, and smells heavenly.  Like YSL lip products!  It's super creamy, and although it delivers the same colour as a sheer lipstick it never seems to cling to any dry spots.  Love love love, and I'm using it up like nobody's business.

Dior Lip Glow Colour Reviver Balm (£23.50, Boots)
Pricey, but is like the Korres Lip Butter in stick-form!  Great for on the go, when you don't want to be sticking your mitts in a pot but are in need of a top up.  It's one I always seem to go back to, hence why it ended up in last year's favourites!

Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lipcare (£4, The Body Shop)
This is my holy grail balm for overnight - if you've been stressing a lot (for me, about exams) and biting your lips it soothes any sore spots so by the morning the redness is seriously calmed down!  Plus, it comes in at a couple of pounds if you grab it on sale.  Oh, and you may want to eat it - it smells that good.


Honourable mentions go out to the slightly less frequently used, but still loved:

Nuxe RĂªve de Miel Balm (£9.50, Escentual)
I tend to pop a thick layer of this one on top of the latter overnight, just to seal everything in!  You wake up in the morning with it still on your lips!

Burts Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm (~£3.50, Amazon)
Then finally, I always seem to have a tube of this in my handbag.  It's seriously tiny and light to carry, and is also great for a mirror-less mid lecture top up!

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in Dewy Papaya (£25, Boots)
Although it's the most lightweight of the bunch it leaves a gorgeous shine and is completely non-sticky.  Plus, the ritzy tube - oh yes!

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment